Non-NHS Services

How to request private paperwork / signatures

Requests for the doctors or staff to sign paperwork, fill out forms and write reports for patients is often classed as private (non-NHS) work. This can include reports for insurance or solicitors, medical examinations for HGV drivers, fitness to fly, passports, private letters etc.

All such requests should be left with reception to pass on to the doctor. Do not book an appointment for the purpose of getting forms completed and signed. This will not be done during a consultation.

The partners reserve the right to charge a fee for all private reports, examinations and signatures that fall outside the NHS contract and any such work is only agreed entirely at the discretion of the partners. The fees depend on the amount of admin work and GP time involved in reading, researching, processing, completing reports, copying and tidying up. Please ask details for current rates.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website